- 324a Carlisle St, Balaclava, 3163, Victoria, Australia. - Telephone 03 90410103 - Email shelley@littlesparrow.net.au - Open Hours 9.30-5 Mon to Sat

Saturday, August 7, 2010

kids can make things too..

$37.99 the softies kit...instructions and tools for making 15 plush pals
$29.95 ...a second book by Bonnie Gosse and Jill Atherton
$7.50 pair hand crafted knitting knitters for the kids to learn with
$6.50 50g ball 16ply wool for little fingers
When i think back to some of the projects my kids tackled when they were younger i feel very proud and also quite amazed. They say kids learn things must faster and with less anxiety than we adults and i thinks this is quite true.
My daughter would make little dolls out of all the scraps of fabric i had lying around and my son could crochet up a storm from a full size backpack to dolly's blankets for the shop, neither of them liked using patterns and the free-form approach to making allowed for some incredibly unique and functional creations!
I still wear my scarf and hat and Charley-lois' first little doll sits next to my bed!

There are some wonderful kits in the shop and a spread of natural supplies for hours of "making", there are many ideas in my head to that i'm happy to share with you so you can 'get down and get making " with your kids too!

and don't forget about the giveaway!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...